An invoice generated for a Client that is comprised of any combination of the following:
- One or more Billable Expenses, which originate differently depending upon the Client Service's Is Pass Through setting:
- Is Pass Through = Yes: Approved Vendor Invoice Line Items with the type "Commercial Service","Rolloff Per Haul", "Rolloff Per Ton", "Extraneous Charge".
- Is Pass Through = No: Approved Vendor Invoice Line Items with the type "Extraneous Charge".
- One or more Recurring Fees from non-pass through Client Services.
- One or more Client Service Fees.
- One or more Billing Group Fees.
Client Invoice Statuses:
- Not Approved
- The client invoice is not approved, typically because it fails an auto-approval rule. It will remain in this status until voided or approved.
- On Hold
- An invoice that has been removed from the normal process for manual interaction. Typically used to hold a bill so that Employees can take various actions regarding the invoice prior to sending the invoice to the customer.
- An Invoice that has passed automatic validation rules or has been manually approved by an Employee. This invoice is ready to go out via the Sub Account’s delivery method (print, email, or both).
- An invoice that was sent to the customer (email or print), has an open balance greater than 0, and is not yet Delinquent.
- An invoice that has an open balance greater than 0 after the stated Due Date of the invoice. Delinquent invoices are eligible for Delinquent Notices, which are typically emailed to the customer requesting payment on the open invoice..
- An Invoice that has reached a $0 balance after being Sent, through a combination of at least $0.01 being paid by the customer, and optionally a credit applied to the invoice.
Every client invoice belongs to a Sub Account. The Sub will have handling and rendering options that instruct the client invoice on how to render and behave. These options get cached on the client invoice when it is created and can easily be overridden later on per invoice. For example, if we decide that we want to disable collection notices on a single invoice then we can easily do that now.
These options instruct the client invoice on how to handle itself in various situations. Here are a list of the options and how they work.
Tells us if invoice should be printed, emailed or both in order to delivery the invoice to the client. Can be set to either
Email and Print.
This fills in the client_name on our client invoice. Mostly we use the client company's name for the client invoice. Sometimes this is useful when the client has different lines of business/ownership groups. Seeing their organization name repeated again and again may not be informative, but seeing additional information, such as: “DESCO Property Fund IV” would tell them which set of books to pay this under.
This adds the service's location_name value above the address on the invoice.
Puts restrictions on the client invoice auto approval process. It is used so that a user does not get but 1 single client invoice per service period. Some clients don't like to get a bunch of client invoices so we need to use this in order to keep them from feeling like we are spamming them.
If this is enabled then the 1st and 2nd collection notices are sent out but the final collection "cancellation" notice is not sent.
There are 3 collection notices that get sent out once the invoice is past due. This options allows us to turn off the entire collections process. Even if this option is turned on, collection notices still only happen to Client Invoices in the
Delinquent status. There is a daily job that runs at 5pm to check for any delinquent client invoices and sends out emails if needed. I am not sure how printed invoices get handled yet.
- The first collection notice goes out on due date letting them know it is past due.
- The second collection notice goes out 5-7 days after due date reminds them that they are getting closer to possible service interuption
- The third and final collection goes out after
client_invoice.due_atletting them know there will be service interuption.
Toggling this setting will impact the auto-calculation of Late Fees, which are a type of Billing Group Fee.
Number of days before delinquent notices are able to be sent for a Client Invoice that remains unpaid. This is effectively the "payment terms" for the Billing Group, and will directly impact the Due Date for all Client Invoices created for this Billing Group.
Allows a specific template to be used for all Client Invoices and Client Credit Memos created for the Billing Group. If you are interested in a custom template for your company, please contact our support team.
String of text that some customers require so that they can match our invoice to an open Purchase Order in their accounting system. This gets displayed on the client invoice.
Collection notices only go to primary contact by default but toggling this on will send to
other_contacts in the billing group.
Remittance text we can show on invoices that can be changed at various times of the year to display useful information. Provides a way for Employees to add specific text on a single or many client invoices.